A brief overview of our work in 2009:
- 45,777: Dollars raised.
- 3,000: Amount of largest gift.
- 1: Amount of smallest gift.
- 249: Number of donors.
- 199: Days since Reach was incorporated in the District of Columbia.
- 3: Articles published about Reach, Inc.
- 8: Corporations that have given.
- 3: Foundations that have given.
- 2: Board meetings.
- 4: Board meetings scheduled for 2010.
- 5: Key components of elementary school literacy.
- 14: Percentage of DC Public School students that read at grade level.
- 5,952: Dollars raised online through Razoo.
- 6: Trainings attended at the Foundation Center.
- 6: Fundraising events.
- 5: Elementary schools visited.
- 3: Grant applications submitted.
- 19: Members of the inaugural Founder’s Circle (those that have given $1,000+).
- 46: Formal meetings with teachers, nonprofit administrators, and funding reps.
- 10,618: Net assets being carried forward to 2010.
- 1,206: E-mails sent.
- 1,004: E-mails received.
- 2: Invitations to submit grant applications in FY2010.
- 1: E-mails exchanged with Chancellor Rhee.
- 3: Contributions given as gifts.
- 1: Weddings where a donation to Reach, Inc. was made in lieu of favors.
- 2: Iterations of Reach, Inc.’s website.
- 50: Blog entries.
- 3: Current Board members.
- 9: Ideal Board size by the end of 2010.
- 3: Lawyers who helped Reach, Inc. secure 501(c)(3) status.
- 6: Weeks it took to be granted 501(c)(3) status.
- 17: Research papers read about literacy development.
- 366: Reach, Inc. fans on Facebook.
Thanks so much for reading! My best wishes for a Happy New Year, and I look forward to sharing our progress with you in 2010.
Founder and President – Reach, Inc.