We invite you to participate in a variety of volunteer opportunities that will strengthen our program and support our kids.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Attend a Volunteer Work Night (help us create instructional materials!)
- Bring snacks to one of our sessions (*must be pre-packaged, or delivered from a restaurant)
- Donate school supplies (we always need pens!)
- Volunteer at our annual Literacy Carnival or other events
- Host an info session or book signing event at your office or local school
- Provide tickets to local events or activities (movie tickets, football games)
- Tell us about kid-friendly, free events
- Share your professional story during our summer program
- Create an internship/mentorship program through your office
- Volunteer weekly during tutoring sessions (must commit for the entire school year)
- Contribute your professional skills (accounting, marketing, web design)
If interested in becoming a volunteer, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. How would you like to get involved?
2. Do you have any previous experience in the work mentioned above?
3. How did you learn about Reach?
Once we receive your email, we will be in touch about getting started!
If you are interested in working directly with program participants, we will contact you to schedule an interview. Please note that the minimum time requirement to volunteer at our training and tutoring sessions is a commitment to attend 1 session per week, for 10 months of the academic school year. You must also meet the requirements of the District of Columbia Public Schools, including required background checks.
For all other opportunities, please submit this form to add your contact info to our Volunteer Database. You will receive regular announcements about what we’re up to, and how you can help!
Our staff will provide any support or training you need to be an effective volunteer. Whether you would like to host a book signing event, help set up tents at the annual Literacy Carnival, or prepare instructional materials, we will work with you to make sure it is a great experience.