Program Instructor – 10 – 12 hours/week
September 2016 – June 2017
Please send resumes to email@example.com
We’re looking for energetic individuals to lead our innovative after-school programs at DC public and public charter schools. Reach Incorporated develops confident readers and capable leaders by training teens to teach. Through this unique approach, we’re able to create significant growth for both our adolescent tutors and the elementary school students they teach. Instructors, in teams of two, lead training sessions (Mondays and Wednesdays) and supervise tutoring sessions (Tuesdays and Thursdays). By making learning both meaningful and fun, Reach is able to create dramatic reading improvement for program participants, both tutors and students. Want to help create readers and leaders? Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Monthly stipend provided. Must be available Monday – Thursday afternoons: 3:30 – 5:30.
Learn more by watching the video below or reading our recent coverage in the Washington Post!
Program Instructor Job Description
Support Tutors (25%)
- Lead tutor training sessions.
- Support tutors in becoming effective instructors.
- Build relationships with tutors.
- Assess tutor performance using the EAGER* framework.
- Use available funds to plan tutor outings.
Supervise Tutoring Sessions (25%)
- Support tutors in providing effective literacy instruction.
- Build positive program culture.
- Address behavior or learning challenges that hinder reading growth.
Prepare for Program Sessions (20%)
- Prepare for all sessions.
- Prepare any materials, as needed.
- Ensure all necessary supplies are available.
- Participate in staff training and individual meetings to improve practice.
Contribute to Program Improvement (20%)
- Provide feedback, when requested, on opportunities for program improvement.
- Input attendance and other data into Reach database weekly.
- Using our EAGER framework, set and work toward monthly goals.
Parent Engagement (10%)
- Communicate with program parents at the beginning of the year and on an ongoing basis to report progress.
- Record all parent contacts in Reach database.
* Reach’s EAGER framework is used to periodically assess tutor performance based on Engagement, Academic Excellence, Grit, Enthusiasm and Responsibility.