Program Instructor – 10 – 12 hours/week
Please send resumes to email@example.com
paid positions available fall 2013.
Future teacher? Changemaker? We’re looking for incredible individuals to lead our innovative after-school program as Program Instructors. Reach Incorporated develops confident readers and capable leaders by training teens to teach. Through this unique approach, we’re able to create significant growth for both our adolescent tutors and the elementary school students they teach. Instructors, in teams of two, lead training sessions (Mondays and Wednesdays) and supervise tutoring sessions (Tuesdays and Thursdays). By making learning both meaningful and fun, Reach is able to create dramatic reading improvement for program participants, both tutors and students. Want to help change lives? Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Monthly stipend provided. Must be available Monday – Thursday afternoons: 3:15 – 5:30.
Learn more by watching the video below!
- An undergraduate, graduate student, part-time worker, or freelancer with specific interest in education, counseling, and/or youth development.
- An energetic relationship builder with prior experience in working with students with a history of academic underperformance.
- An independent-minded advocate passionate about ensuring high-quality after-school programming for students and their parents.
- An enthusiastic advocate interested in supporting student growth – both directly and indirectly – from outside the classroom.
- A solution-oriented problem solver with interest in exploring creative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Experience working with children strongly preferred.
Reach Incorporated develops confident grade-level readers and capable leaders by training teens to teach younger students, creating academic benefit for all involved.
Primary Job Responsibilities (% of employee time in parentheses):
- Supporting Tutors (35%)
- Supervise Tutoring Sessions (25%)
- Preparing for Program Sessions (20%)
- Parent Engagement (10%)
- Evaluation (5%)
- Instructional Team Meetings (5%)
Reach Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other area covered by applicable law.
Start Date: September 1, 2013