2019: Year In Review
Before the ball drops, we want to share ten incredible moments from the last twelve months. Our most sincere thanks to all who have made this work possible.
- We brought on four new board members: Neil (Consensys), Chris (DC Housing Finance Agency), Loree (Thread Strategies), and Jesse (EVERFI).
- Our teens produced our first-ever music video.
- We launched new professional development programs for our teens with partners like Optum, EAB, Eagle Hill Consulting, and Hilton.
- We released four new books, authored by thirteen incredible teens.
- We visited Winston Salem State University, NC A&T, and NC Central on our spring college tour. And, even better, our tour guides at each campus were Reach alums!
- We secured eight investments of more than $50,000 to help launch our second decade of work.
- Our teens were featured on NPR, in the Washington Post, and on WUSA.
- We granted $19,000 in scholarships to six deserving seniors, including Shawma, who just made the dean’s list in her first semester at Old Dominion University.
- Three people earned The Reach Hoodie, our highest honor. De’Asia and Bryanna, both seniors, celebrated with Mike Young, our Board Chair, who became the first non-tutor to earn The Hoodie.
- We celebrated our 10th anniversary with the launch of The Reach Fellowship, a framework that we know will allow our teens to achieve even more, with your support, in the coming year.
Thanks for all you have done to make our work possible in 2019. If you haven’t yet had the chance to make a year-end contribution, we would welcome your generosity on this final day of the year. Happy New Year!